From October 2020 to March 2022, SLM implements three automated, electric shuttle remote operating pilots in Kongsberg, Tallinn and Gdansk. The aim is to study the true driverless driving. The pilots take place both in closed and open areas and they provide information for the future remote fleet operating.
Sohjoa Last Mile project is coordinated by Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, with consortium of seven project partners and supported by Interreg Baltic Sea Region funding with total project budget of 898 203,00 €.
Project partners are
- Finland: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences & Forum Virium Helsinki
- Estonia: City of Tallinn & Tallinn University of Technology
- Latvia: Zemgale Planning Region
- Norway: Kongsberg Municipality
- Poland: City of Gdansk
Upcoming events in 2021
- Pilot phase 2 in Kongsberg, Norway
- Pilot in Gdansk, Poland
- Pilot in Tallinn, Estonia
- ARTS workshop in Zemgale region, Latvia
- ARTS workshop in Gdansk, Poland
- ARTS workshop in Helsinki, Finland
- Sohjoa Last Mile seminar in Kongsberg, Norway
Past events 2021
- Project Kickoff, 28th January (online)
- Sohjoa Last Mile Roundtable Session, 30th March (online)
- Pilot phase 1 in Kongsberg, Norway
- Pilot in Tallinn, Estonia started 1st April – find video on Youtube.
- Sohjoa Last Mile Masterclass 20th May (online) – find recording on Youtube.
- Tallinn pilot results presented at MARA roundtable session, 8th September (online)